Here’s a simple recipe to make a Vegan Thai Green Curry, which is also keto-friendly. All the vegans who want to reap the benefits of the keto diet can try this recipe.
Vegan Thai Green Curry | Keto Recipes
Macros per serving
Net Carbs: 6g
This recipe makes 5 servings.
Ingredients for Thai curry:
– 100 grams of zucchini
– 100 grams of broccoli
– 100 grams of button mushrooms
– A handful of Thai eggplants, if you can find them
– 50 grams of Thai green curry paste
– One bulb of fresh lemongrass, discard the leaves
– 4 kaffir lime leaves
– 1 inch piece of galangal or Thai ginger
– 400 + 200 ml of coconut cream or milk
*tip: You can use almost any veggies you like.
1. Put a wok on the stove on medium heat and add about 100 ml of the coconut cream to it.
2. When you see bubbles start to form at the edge of the coconut cream, bruise the lemongrass bulb and add it to the wok, along with the galangal and torn up kaffir lime leaves.
3. Add the green curry paste and just mix it all together until it becomes fragrant.
4. When you see the oil start to separate from the paste, add the vegetables in and stir it all together until it’s just coated with the green curry paste.
5. Add the rest of the can of coconut cream. Now, you can eat the thai curry just thick like this if you like, but I like mine thinner, so I’m adding another 200 ml of coconut cream to it.
6. Add salt to taste, about half a teaspoon and a few drops of stevia to give it the mildest sweetness.
7. Give it a stir, then cover it and let the veggies cook.
8. When the veggies are just about done, add a couple of kaffir lime leaves, just to refresh the taste.
9. Keep checking the veggies for doneness, and just as you turn off the gas, add a handful of thai basil to the curry and stir it in.
10. Thai curry, done.